LEVEL 2- AWARD IN PRINCIPLES & PRACTICE OF MANUAL HANDLING
This qualification is designed to provide learners with the knowledge and skills to safely move objects in the workplace.
The course builds on the best practice guidance from the Health and Safety Executive and provides learners with the opportunity to practice safe moving principles.
The Health and Safety and Work Act 1974 and the Manual Handling Operation Regulations 1992 require each employer to provide adequate supervision and training and as well as undertake manual handling risk assessments. This qualification will support employers to demonstrate their commitment to the legal obligations.
The qualification is ideal for new starters, existing staff and for refresher training.
- Understand the reasons for safe manual handling
- Understand how manual handling risk assessments contribute to improving health and safety
- Understand the principles, types of equipment and testing requirements associated with manual handling safety
- Be able to apply safe manual handling principles
- The practical Learning Outcomes are assessed by observation.
- Multi Choice Questions (MCQ) for theory and underpinning knowledge.
Learners who successfully complete this course will be awarded a LEVEL 2- AWARD IN PRINCIPLES & PRACTICE OF MANUAL HANDLING Certificate, ID card and a training manual.
(All prices subject to VAT)
There are no pre-requisites to enroll on this course however candidates must have the physical ability to carry out the procedures in this course.