LEVEL 2- EMERGENCY FIRST AID AT WORK COURSE (ONE DAY)
This Regulated Qualification is ideal for anyone wishing to become an emergency first aider. This provides learners with skills and knowledge to deal with first aid situations in low risk workplace environments for the Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981 and the Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations (NI) 1982 purposes.
As this is a Regulated Qualification, an Employer who obtains training from our Approved Centre is not required to carry out any due diligence on the training provider in order to ensure the suitability of the training (HSE statement).
EMERGENCY FIRST AID AT WORK CURRICULUM INCLUDES:
- First Aid at Work Regulations and Rules
- Fears of First Aid
- Initial Assessment
- Unconscious Breathing and Recovery Position
- The Heart, Sudden Cardiac Arrest, Heart Attacks and CPR
- One Rescuer CPR
- Chest Only Compressions
- CPR Handover to a Second Rescuer
- Adult Choking, Conscious and Unconscious
- Serious Bleeding Management and Wounds
- Spinal Injury Management
- Burns and Scalds
- Anaphylactic Shock and Allergies
- Seizures and Epilepsy
EMERGENCY FIRST AID AT WORK COVERS THE FOLLOWING TOPICS:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider
- Be able to assess an incident
- Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally
- Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally
- Be able to recognise and assist a casualty who is choking
- Be able to manage a casualty with external bleeding
- Be able to manage a casualty who is in shock
- Be able to manage a casualty with a minor in jury
- The practical Learning Outcomes are assessed by observation.
- Multi Choice Questions (MCQ) for theory and underpinning knowledge.
Learners who successfully complete this course will be awarded Level 2 Emergency First Aid at work Certificate (Ofqual Regulated), ID card and a training manual.
(All prices subject to VAT)
There are no pre-requisites to enrol on this course however candidates must have the physical ability to carry out the procedures in this course.